Imagine if everyone was kind to one another every day. What a better world it would be. Being kind to others doesn’t take extraordinary effort. Actually, it doesn’t take any effort at all. If we’re kind to one another, our kids learn from that. Then they carry it with them into adulthood and keep kindness going.
Small acts of kindness each day are important. November is the month of gratitude, but we should still practice random acts of kindness with our kids regularly.
In addition to the tips in my most recent article about teaching kids gratitude during the holidays, such as donating toys, visiting senior centers and animal shelters, I created a list for kids of random acts of kindness they can perform throughout the holiday season, along with a printable below to hang somewhere as a reminder to be kind. This absolutely is not an exhaustive list. They can be as creative as they’d like 🙂
Printable ——> 25-acts-of-kindness-for-kids-holiday-season
1. Tell your siblings and parents what you love about them
2. Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
3. Write and mail a sweet letter to a friend
4. Give hugs just because
5. Smile at everyone you pass
6. Bake cookies for seniors
8. Offer to help the elderly with their bags of groceries
9. Leave a thoughtful note somewhere where someone can pick it up
10. Hold the door longer than usual for those behind you
11. Leave a small gift or thank-you note for the mailman or bake cookies for your local fire station
12. Do unexpected jobs around the house
13. Give a friend one of your favorite things
14. Read to a sibling
15. Sit next to a lonely child at school
16. Make a card for someone who isn’t feeling well
17. Draw a beautiful picture for your grandparents
18. Thank your teacher with a note or gift for all that they do
19. Compliment a stranger
20. Make a family member their favorite dessert
21. Make a list of what you’re grateful for.
22. Leave flowers on a friend’s or neighbor’s doorstep wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving.
23. Donate to an animal shelter and pamper your own pet
24. Leave $1 in a wallet for sale at the store for the next person who buys it
25. Give your mom a kiss and thank her❤️